Sunday, May 14, 2006

Neon Fair Isle

Here is my first attempt at a sock with my self dyed yarn. Size 2 needles and I got 7 stitches per inch. I was just winging this and I don't like the toe and the sock is way too big for me, so I'm going to frog it, but I wanted to see what it would look like knitted up.



















This is the yarn before I wound it. By the way, I learned 10 things to keep in mind when doing-it-yourself dyeing self striping yarn:
1. Be careful not to tangle the yarn before you dye it.
2. Make sure you tie the yarn in enough places so that you don't tangle it.
3. Be careful not to tangle the yarn while dyeing it.
4. Be careful not to tangle the yarn while rinsing it.
5. Be careful not to tangle the yarn while washing it.
6. Make sure you don't tagle the yarn while it is drying and you have to take it off the shower rod so someone can take a shower.
7. Don't
8. Tangle
9. The Frikkin'
10. Yarn!!!

Believe it or not, it isn't easy to untangle 25 forty-two foot loops of yarn.























This is a photo of the pink/red yarn that I decided to overdye with Kool-aid. I like it better than before, but it still isn't quite right. I'll need to stock up on some more Kool-aid, but I think this project will be on hold for awhile. I have some other more pressing things on my plate.


1 Comments:

Blogger renee said...

I think the fair isle looks pretty cool knit up - I'm impressed!

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home