Saturday, April 05, 2008

First Flowers of Spring!!!



I spent two hours doing clean up work in the garden, and then I noticed that the crocus had started blooming in my little crocus patch that I planted by the driveway. These are Snow Bunting crocus that I bought from Old House Gardens. This is in a sunny south facing spot under the dining room bay window. I thought it would be a good place for crocuses. We got about 6 inches of snow on Monday (Mar 31), but it was sunny and warm on April 1 and all the snow had melted on this patch by the time I got home from work. I noticed that these were the first flowers coming up. Now, there are even more crocus coming up.



I've also been working on my Kureyon sock.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty colors.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice! We're finding out that the previous resident of our house planted nothing. Not a thing is coming up, so we will be busy planning some flowers and herbs for our yard soon.

6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers!!! I hope the snow leaves alone now.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home