Thursday, January 13, 2005

Felted Slippers

I finished the felted slippers for Kiki. They look very Dr. Seuss-ish. I definitely need to figure out how to post pictures. Now I'm going to make a pair for my little porcupine. I found a different pattern to use. The first pattern was good, but the slippers didn't felt as much as I wanted before I had to stop - otherwise, if I let them felt longer, they would be too small.

I'm going to make the porcupine's out of Cascade 220. I was going to do a cuff with 1 strand red and 1 strand black, then the body in two strands red, but he seems to like the red/black thing, so I'm going to do the whole slipper with both colors. This pattern looks WAY to big - I'm up to the heel turn. I might have to stop at the LYS and ask some questions. Also, I stopped at THREE LYS's to get size 13 DPN's and they were all sold out!!!

I'm a little sore in the back muscles from yoga, which is surprising, because the class seemed so gentle. But that is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home